Top Phoenix Area Food Finds



Food is a top priority for me at every destination and Phoenix definitely didn't disappoint. I utilize a highly scientific approach---a combo of consulting TripAdvisor, gawking at Instagram pics, consulting my friends, and wandering aimlessly until something looks/smells good. If you’re headed to the area, my top food picks (and pics) from the trip were:

Petersen’s
A stop at Petersen’s is an absolute must to get your ice cream (and Instagram) fix on your trip. I opted for a donut ice cream sandwich where you pick your favorite flavor and toppings to go inside of a glazed donut. To say it was magical is an understatement!


What I Got: Glazed Donut stuffed with Cinnamon Ice Cream drizzled with Hot Fudge
http://petersenicecream.com
Downtown Gilbert, AZ

Joe’s Real BBQ
If you’re in the mood for some BBQ and a great atmosphere, you can’t go wrong with Joe’s Real BBQ in Gilbert. It’s the perfect spot to grab a quick meal, as the cafeteria style setup keeps things moving. Don’t forget to grab some of the handmade Orange Cream Soda (or my favorite---the Black Cherry) and use the patio to do some people watching.


What I Got: BBQ Sandwich with Chopped Brisket; BBQ Pit Beans; Potato Salad
Downtown Gilbert, AZ



La Santisima
I’ll be honest, I was drawn here by the phrase “salsa bar”.  The salsa bar ended up being lackluster, but the tacos were great as promised. The real star of the show though was the guacamole. It was the perfect combination of avocado, onion, corn, tomato, seasoning, and surprise ingredients like dried cranberries. Hands-down the best guac I have ever had and absolutely worth a stop while you’re in town! 


What I Got: Guacamole ; Baja Sur Dogfish Shark Taco + Cabo Shrimp Taco
http://www.lasantisimagourmet.com
Phoenix, AZ

Sushi Station
I think it’s safe to say that it’s common knowledge that sushi is my favorite food group. So take me to a place that literally has sushi revolving around me, and you’ve found my new favorite hobby. If you haven’t been to a revolving sushi bar yet, you definitely have to make a stop here! Most plates come with 4 pieces and if you can make it to happy hour (Sun-Thurs 3-5pm) it’s an absolute steal with plates starting at $1.50. Go with a fellow sushi lover to split the experience with and be prepared for a blissful sushi coma.

What I Got: Let's be honest…I got way too much sushi to keep track of
Phoenix, AZ

La Bocca Pizzeria
How could you go wrong with pizza? The Truffled Mushroom pizza was absolutely amazing with the perfect combination of mushrooms, tomatoes, goat cheese, mozzarella, fresh spinach, and balsamic. Pair it with a great patio for people watching and cucumber water to have the perfect light lunch to share with a friend!

What I Got: Truffled Mushroom Pizza
Downtown Tempe, AZ







Paleta’s Betty
Paleta’s Betty was the ideal treat for a nice hot Tempe day. There’s a massive selection of traditional Mexican fresh fruit and cream popsicles and a cute patio. If you’re in the area, definitely stop by. How could you not have room for a popsicle?!


What I Got: Blueberry Lemonade Fruit Pop---perfect combination of tart and refreshing
Downtown Tempe, AZ







And don’t forget, when all else fails….the best way to find the top food scene is to make friends with a local.


#ChallengeAccepted

Comments

Popular Posts